Morgan, Joshua B., Bishop of the La Belle Ward, Rigby Stake, Jefferson Co., Idaho, from 1922 to 1928, was born Dec. 9, 1862, at Mill Creek, Salt Lake Co., Utah, a son of John Morgan and Ann Gillott. He was baptized Sept. 1, 1870, ordained a High Priest Oct. 17, 1915, by Joseph F. Smith, jun., and ordained a Bishop March 5, 1922, by Melvin J. Ballard.
The early history of the La Belle Ward is identical with
of Menan, to which it originally belonged. That part of
Poole’s Island now
included in La Belle Ward was first settled in the fall of 1883 by
R. Scott and John G. Morgan. Other settlers followed and these first L.
S. settlers at La Belle were organized as a branch of the Church
to the Menan Ward June 14, 1885, with Winslow Farr Walker as presiding
This branch was organized into a regular bishop’s ward May
21, 1886, with
Winslow F. Walker as Bishop. He was succeeded in 1898 by John G.
who in 1908 was succeeded by George H. Romrell, who in 1913 was
by James C. Allen, who in 1915 was succeeded by John W. Clinger, who in
was succeeded by Joshua B. Morgan, who in 1928 was
succeeded by Joseph A. Lundquist, who presided Dec. 31, 1930. On that
date the La Belle Ward had
203 members, including 50 children. The total population of the La
Precinct was 371 in 1930.